One of the purposes of XCL is to see if people will use a museums app and if so, what kinds of content. We decided to try any and everything we could think of to see what worked and what didn’t.
- How to content showing how to use the exhibit.
- Challenges and things to try at exhibit. Ways to use exhibits visitors may not have thought to try.
- Answers to questions related the exhibit and the science associated with it. Why did it do that? How does it work? Newton’s 3rd Law? Science?
- Real Life applications of exhibits science. Showing there IS a point to knowing this stuff.
- Things to try doing yourself at home. Liked the exhibit? Make something like it at home!
- Ways for different types of groups (families, large groups, adults only, etc.) to explore OMSI. Ways to explore for the newest visitor to the oldest pro.
- Information about OMSI (hours, rates, events, additional options, etc.). Info people can use.
- Videos, pictures, and audio. To augment written content.
- Scavenger Hunt(s). Get the group to find random fun things in the museum.
- Make a video competition. For people who think they can do better than us!
Details about how we implemented these ideas and how well they worked will be discussed in future posts!