For this final round of evaluations we are making several modifications and additions to the exhibit we will be using.
- Polls added to two of the “Try This” posts. Will see how/if they are used and what feedback we get from visitors about them.
- Added a new Post to “Try This” – Challenge 2 – Tandem Launch. Goal is to launch both rockets at same time to same height. This is aimed to build on Challenge 1 – Controlled Launch which has the visitor launch a single rocket to a specific height.
- Previous Cycles showed a lack of a marker confused visitors on the “Try This” challenges. We are working with Exhibit Staff to add a physical marker to the launch tubes.
- The idea behind our ‘Science on the set’ post was to have visitors make their own videos about the science of the exhibit. It was originally framed as a competition, where submissions would be compared to others and a winner declared. We are modifying this to be less a competition and more simply making a video. The hope is that more people will make videos when it isn’t a competition and in turn will be more engaged and get more out of the exhibit.
- A “prize” will be placed near the exhibit for visitors who complete all the challenges. It is a Large ID badge with the photo area cut out. This is something we think will be fun ways to reward visitors for taking the time to fully explore the exhibit. We hope to see it show up in social media as visitors use the App more and more!